14 may 2004

I'm in somewhat of a panic trying to decide which books I need to bring back with me for the summer--today on my last day in Kansas until early August. I don't know which books I'll need next week, let alone in late July.

Highlights of the academic year: the poetics seminar, featuring local and international luminairies like Jim McCrary, Jordan Davis, Jill Kuhnheim, and Joe Harrington. Jordan's visit: I had a dream last night I was visiting him in New York: I had to leave (wake up) before going to the Strand. The graduate theory course, in which I learned a great deal from teaching a wonderful group of students. The continual dialogue with my fifty closest blogger friends, whom I can't name for fear of leaving someone out. "What, I'm not one of your 50 closest friends!*&(+!!"

Meeting other bloggers in San Diego for the MLA. Especially Kasey, Bill Marsh.

Poetry readings at the City Museum, organized by Aaron Belz, where I got to meet Gabriel Gudding, David Hess, Susan Schultz, Kari Edwards, and the formidable Kent Johnson.

No hay comentarios: