6 feb 2003

My original blog, this one you are now reading, sees more than 10 times more internet traffic than my newish blog "poesía en español." It is much newer, of course, and written in Spanish. The people I know interested in Spanish or Latin American poetry, in Spain or elsewhere, are not dedicated web surfers. I'm sticking with it anyway. Eventually it will catch on. Most of the traffic comes by way of Yépez's Tijuana blogging crew.

***

I was just listening to Berrigan read some of his sonnets, downloaded on my itunes. I just noticed that he pronounced Juan Gris, "Gree," as though it were a French name. Now I just heard the crowd laugh when he said that Ron Padgett wanted to have "out to lunch" on his tombstone. Now I hear him mispronounce the name Guillaume. Now Frank Lima comes on reading "The Hunter." I have to read a work by Eluard that Jordan Davis just recommended.

No hay comentarios: