13 oct 2011

History

The first subject that interested me was history. In 3rd grade, I checked out all the books I could carry from my elementary school library and read them all. Naively, I just wanted to know everything that ever happened. Before then I had been a slow student. I could never do the busy work fast, and still can't. Just reading those history books was a revelation. That's the exact moment when I became an intellectual. Interesting that this is about (in other words, exactly) the same time I started to question religion. Just getting a larger perspective makes you question the provincial realities of your own time and place.

1 comentario:

Clarissa dijo...

You know what's interesting? You started to question religion because you wanted to "question the provincial realities of your own time and place." I started questioning atheism for the same reason at about the same age. :-)