28 mar 2011

Childhood

I did not really like being a child and adolescent. My parents were great and I had a comfortable existence, but I was not allowed to be a professor, to abstain from religion. The threat of physical violence is something I haven't experienced as an adult. Walking down the street of a big city like St Louis or New York I am much less likely to be assaulted than I was walking down the hall of my junior high school. I did not enjoy have low social status because I was not particularly large or good at sports.

I did enjoy playing soccer with my friends, riding my bicycle around town, and doing things I like to do now as well, like reading.

1 comentario:

Clarissa dijo...

I know what you mean. I wasn't popular in high school because I wasn't rich like some other students. And physical education classes were a torture.