27 feb 2011

Blurbs

I have a new book that I came up with recently of imaginary blurbs for books of poetry. The only rule is that there will be as little self-conscious cuteness as possible. They will be, more or less, small short-stories that describe indirectly the invisible speech acts in the imaginary books. I'll have other rules, like no noun, verb, descriptive adjective, or adverb of manner will be repeated between any of the forty blurbs.

A forty-first text will be the blurb describing the other forty, in the same way that each of the forty blurbs imagines a book of forty poems each.

5 comentarios:

Thomas dijo...

Surely one of the blurbs must also be a plagiarism of a real blurb?

Jonathan dijo...

That would be too cute.

Bronwen dijo...

I like this idea. One for novels would be interesting too.

Andrew Shields dijo...

Have you seen A. E. Stallings's book "Hapax"? There's no blurb on it, just a poem on the back called "Antiblurb" (which does not appear in the book, if I remember correctly).

Jonathan dijo...

I wrote about fourth of it last night.