17 mar 2009

The actual, physical book came today. Only one copy, but the ink still smells fresh. I'll get my other author copies in a few weeks. It was really a pleasure to work with the University of Chicago Press. To get the book exactly a year after delivery of the manuscript on my part is astoundingly quick. I don't even feel that sense of let-down, that anti-climax that usually accompanies the arrival of the book itself. Quite the contrary. If you want to write a review for some MAJOR publication, let me know and I'll tell you how to request a review copy.

I'm otherwise spending spring break doing page proofs and index for that other book. I hope that too will be anti-anti-climactic.

1 comentario:

Phaedrus dijo...

One of the particular thrills of getting the actual book is realizing, with full force, how many people who worked together, believing in the project, to publish it. A humbling, beautiful moment.

No need, BTW, to send me a review copy. *smiles* I'm buying a few for Christmas presents.