8 ene 2009

I got some chap-books from Fewer & Further Press today in the mail, just when I wanted to take a break from my official work, and just when I wanted to do reading that wasn't re-reading.

(208)

*John Coletti. Same Enemy Rainbow. 2008. No page numbers

Coletti writes with real wit and energy in a kind of a Jess Mynes / Joe Ceravolo style.

(207)

*Brenda Iijima. Rabbit Lesson. 2008. No page numbers

This is one chap-book length poem, with strong images of violence and war. Phrases in a larger but much lighter font provide a visual counterpoint to the regular font, smaller and darker.

(206)

*Shannon Tharp. Determined by Aperture. 2008. No page numbers.

Tharp's very short book contains more real substance than most 90-page books I can think of. Her perspective is indeed "determined by aperture," on the theory that a narrower aperture will catch more than a wide one.

No hay comentarios: