19 abr 2005

Back from my whirlwind tour to NYC, where I met several people for the first time: Nick and Toni, Gary Sullivan, Reen, Drew Gardner, Katie Degentesh, Megan, Duglas Rothschild and poetically minded bar-tender Shaefer Hall.

I read at a downtown bar with Jordan, toured the MOMA with my New York school hero David Shapiro. The last night I went to Birdland and heard some NYU jazz studies Professors at their CD release party. What else? book browsing at the Strand, the Gotham Book Mart, St. Marks Bookshop. Oyster bar at Grand Central Station, once again with the hospitable Jordan Dav is. On a couple of beautiful days I walked a couple of miles: from Grand Central to the Strand was quite a hike. Each block was so short I kept telling myself to walk a couple more and eventually I was there.

No hay comentarios: