7 feb 2005

When I say that Bruce Andrews is a hiphop artist or that Paul Lake's poem is Maoist in its anti-intellectualism I am making a poetic intuition, a hiperbole. Yes, I could explain what I mean and justify my opinion if forced to, but what would be the fun in that?

There is something creepily Maoist about that whole Yvor Winters / J.V Cunningham cadre at Stanford. I feel it; it is an intuition. I got my PhD in Comparative Literature at Stanford, I know what I'm talking about. That poem about the monkeys reminds me of Pol Pot. Is that an outrage? It is the right-wing poetic version of Maoism, at least. Or maybe they are poetic moonies? That cheeful yet earnest lightverse they promote really does give off a cult-like aura for me. I can't be the only one to feel this way, I'm sure.

Bruce has a sort of free association and in-your-face attitude which, combined, remind me of hip hop. I'm not saying that "literally" that he is the same as a rapper.

I'm sure Jim Behrle doesn't think of Ron literally as a parrot either.

No hay comentarios: