9 oct 2004

I'm not sure why some journalists want to see last night's debate as a draw. If it had been a prize fight, it would have been stopped by the referee in the 4th round. Bush thinks the original U.S. Constitution disallowed slavery, as he made clear in his rambling discussion of the Dred Scott decision! Of course, I was watching the debate at the Kerry rally, which greeted Bush's responses with hoots of derision. Kerry showed up at the rally about 10:35, quite exultant. The idea of Bush as out of touch with reality is a winning theme for him, I think. I've never actually seen a presidential candidate before, if you don't count Jerry Brown. I was never impressed with Kerry until tonight. He finally seemed substantial to me, not a mere Bush alternative. Seeing him in the flesh, albeit from a distance, I sensed some charisma.

Others observing said that Bush was not scowling, but I thought his facial expression was moronic throughout. Why can't Daniel Schorr simply say that Bush looked like a cretin? I'm sure he's thinking that.

No hay comentarios: