13 sept 2004

Poets that you can never get enough of, that you can't have too many translations or editions of. For me, in no particular order, it's Basho, Claudio Rodríguez, Frank O'Hara, Barbara Guest, Samuel Beckett, the Shakespeare of the Sonnets. I'm talking about what I've read most assiduously over the past 10 to 20 years, in some cases. Others I've been involved with professionally, like José Angel Valente, but has not entered into my personal pantheon to the same degree. I was surprised to discover, when re-sorting my books the other day, that I own at least six books by Lyn Hejinian. My Life / The Cold of Poetry / BAP 2004, / Oxota / The Fatalist / The Language of Inquiry. That's how devoted I can be to a poet I've been reading for a much shorter period of time. I have 10 books by some poets I don't even like very much.

No hay comentarios: