16 jun 2004

I'm teaching myself to draw this summer. I enjoy making obvious beginner mistakes. That's the fun thing about learning something like scratch. I can draw Dick Tracy's square jaw and jus realized that if you round it off and add some wrinkles you get Ronald Reagan. I can draw a Magritte Bowler Hat pretty well too. A copy of a drawing of a Japanese poet I did a few months ago is pretty good, but for some reason I cannot even come close to that any more. I remember I worked on it quite a while with eraser fixing everything that was wrong. I shouldn't expect to do as well when I don't put in that kind of effort. At least now I sort of know what it is I am trying to learn. My early idea of learning to draw was quite vague. I'm still not sure what I want to do with it once I learn. I'm vaguely intuiting a book of poem-pictures.

No hay comentarios: