27 ene 2004

I had a dream last night. A grey van stopped at a stop light right in front of me flipped over for no reason. I jumped out of my car, opened the door of the van, and pulled out the driver, a woman in her 30s. Another, older woman nearby had also stopped. I asked if she had a cell-phone. She did, so I yelled for her to call 911. I had to tell her twice. The woman was still breathing and conscious. I told her not to move, in case she had any spinal injuries. The paramedics came in about a minute and put her on a stretcher.

Now I was bothered by the fact that the van had flipped over for no reason. When I woke, I figured out that my mind was the author of the narrative, but that I hadn't worked out the physics of motion sufficient to produce a convincing accident. My mind as observer of the accident was thus puzzled by something that was the product of another part of my mind. I willed the van to flip over, in some sense, but was not conscious of my having done so.

No hay comentarios: