3 sept 2003

I was reading TLS (don't ask me why) and saw a review of a book on postmodernism by Jonathan Clark. As I was reading the review, I began to feel uneasy. Apparently the book is not really about postmodernism, and Clark is a Tory historian who wishes the Puritan revolution, the American revolution, and all subsequent revolutions had never occured. My uneasiness was due to the fact that there is a "Jonathan Clark" who has an office a few doors down from mine. Sure enough, I came to a sentence about how this guy was "ironically," a distinguished professor of history at the University of Kansas. Ironically because his ideal civilization is pre-revolutionary England, and the Midwestern U.S. is a place devoid of historical interest for him. Maybe that's why I've only laid eyes on him twice this semester.

No hay comentarios: