1 ago 2003

I'm going to Chicago tomorrow to give a talk at the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese convention. I'm trying to demonstrate ideological homology between official verse culture and Spanish poetry of experience.

I should continue to translate that Char poem:

"Here and there the memory of a force carressed the flight of the peasant grass. I governed myself without doctrines, with a serene vehemence. I was the equal of things whose secret might fit under the radius of a wing. For the majority, the essential has never been born, and those who do possess it cannot exchange it without doing damage to themselves. Noone consents to losing what he has gained at the cost of his own suffering! Otherwise it would mean that beauty and grace, source and delta, would have the same purity.

I found myself in one of those forests where the sun has no access, but where, at night, the stars penetrate for implacable hostilities."

I am working from a Spanish translation (by Jorge Riechmann) along with the original French.

No hay comentarios: