27 ene 2003

I hope I'm not one of those "poetry bullies"! I'm certainly not going to be a blogging bully, telling people whether or not blogging should become a "scene" or defining it as "postmediatic." What I enjoy about Heriberto, my favorite bloggery theorist, is the sheer extravagance of his rhetoric. The hyperbole is the message. If blogging does change anything it is far too early to say what this change will really mean. There's nothing wrong with spinning a theoretical construct around the whole phenomenon if you find it amusing. You might even go back and read Charles Bernstein's essay on Pacman, but noone plays Pacman any more.

A reference to Pepys in Bernadette Mayer's Midwinter Day. It makes perfect sense. Somehow I dropped out of the English major before I read him. My interest in blogging is in the continuous present of writing.

No hay comentarios: