6 dic 2002

Why the fascination with overwhelming dominance, absolute mastery? I'm speaking of the Michael Jordan, John Coltrane variety. John Ashbery just kept getting better until "Can you see, bird." I am best scholar of twentieth century Spanish poetry in the US. So what? There are only about 15 of us, and most are not even in it for the competition.

My eagerness to please is doing battle with my eagerness to displease. I'll continue soon my series of translations into Spanish of New York School poets. Could I publish it in Madrid eventually? I have a great translation of Barbara Guest's "Gravel" that I have to find. Another of a Berrigan sonnet that I cannot find in my computer disk. "Guillermo Apollinaire está muerto."

I'm up to 36 hits today, so my earlier post is already out of date. What a pathetic way to seek validation. Like knowing more about Comparative Literature than a bar full of drunks.


No hay comentarios: