22 dic 2002

To amuse some future version of my self? A strange twist on the idea of posterity. I get amnesia, and discover my own writings, try to connect with him, this person I once was. I am free to admire myself, in this particular fantasy.

Like when I was a child and stared at the ceiling in my father's study in order to memorize a particular moment for future reference. I still remember doing this so it must have worked. All those books on the ancient Sumerians! I still remember a title "History Begins in Sumer." I read a book of my father's on ideas of education in Ancient Greece: Paedeia? Translated from the German, I believe. I don't know what I could have understood, yet I was fascinated by the process of intellectual analysis that went into this book. It was like a window onto a world of intellectual discourse of which I wanted to become a part.

No hay comentarios: