12 dic 2002

Project: an anthology of poetry written originally in French by American poets of New York school. Could I find enough texts? "J'écorche l'anguille par le queue, peut-être un noeud d'anguille, ou il y'a anguille sans roche..." So begins a poem by Frank O'Hara, of which I understand very little. Is an anguille an "eel" as I seem to assume? "On a laissé des raisons secs." (Ron Padgett). Pessoa's English poems are very interesting, as are those of Leopoldo María Panero. Writers using their non-native language more extensively: Nabokov, Conrad, Beckett. Stuart Merrill became a French symbolist poet. Does Gimferrer count? Not quite in the sense I mean. More of a true bilingual in catalan/castellano.

***

I'm getting twenty-five to thirty-five hits a day on this blog. Thanks to my readers: Ron, Jordan, Kevin, Glenn, Heriberto, and anonymous passersby.

No hay comentarios: