24 ago 2011

Get Carter

This 2000 thriller directed by Stephen Jay stars Stallone as a shiny-suited Las Vegas hired muscle who returns to a rainy town to investigate his brother's death and beat people up. Stallone is such a bad actor and his suits, which I guess are supposed to mean that he is a Very Important Gangster, are so shiny and in such bad taste that I gave up on this movie about half way through. Michael Caine is in it, which is always a good thing, but Stallone just glares, reflects light off his suits, and mumbles.

I actually like the "return to home town to wreak vengeance" plot, so I would have been a good target audience for a movie like this. I've watched some bad movies until the bitter end, but not this one.

4 comentarios:

Nick dijo...

It's a re-make of the 1971 film, which is a classic and stars Michael Caine as Jack Carter.

Jim Murdoch dijo...

Treat yourself and watch the original It is a masterpiece. I could say the same for The Man Who Loved Women, The Day the Earth Stood Still and Cheaper by the Dozen. Four examples of how to take a perfectly respectable film and put people off for life. And if you gave me half an hour I bet I could come up with a couple of dozen more.

Jonathan dijo...

I am going to find the original. I love MC

Jonathan dijo...

Too bad it's not streaming on netflix. I have to wait for the dvd version.