8 ene 2008

Suite 3. II. Allemande (4/4)

The préludes are about development of rhythmic motifs in almost minimalistic style. The allemandes are more melodic. This one starts out with a wonderfully assertive or self-confident melody. From this Suite so far I am getting the feeling of "no nonsense, just the music." Plenty of arabesques but he'll always return to the basics.

I've hesitated to say that certain movements of these Suites are my favorites, because I have so many favorites that this would be meaningless. But this one is one of them, at least when I am listening to it. There's one measure (the second complete measure of the piece) that always gets me every time. I don't know how he does it, or what it is.

There are moments in the fifth and sixth suites I can't wait to get to.

No hay comentarios: