13 may 2005

Jordan is a member in good standing in the David Shapiro fan club.

***

This time of year I always feel emotionally devastated, approaching the 5-year anniversary of my father's death on May 14. I just seem to sink lower and lower and my "Associate Professor Malaise" kicks in. A little evaluation letter from the Chair of my Department that we all get this time of year results the proverbial "death from a thousand cuts." It's not so much that it is an unfair or even predominately negative evaluation. I'm just someone who cannot take criticism at all. I have no resources at all to deal with it. I thought I could handle it this year but I was wrong. Usually I just try not to read these things. That usually works. I have to say, though, that APM is a disorder of the relatively privileged.

No hay comentarios: