4 feb 2003

Then last night on t.v., one of those ads for a record "not sold in stores." Rod Stewart singing the Great American Songbook. A snatch of "My Foolish Things," the same version I had heard on the radio earlier that day by sheer misfortune.

***

Edgar Rincón Luna, a poet I had commented on in my Spanish blog, has his own blog now. Apparently this publisher, "Tierra adentro," is financed by the Mexican government to publish "provincial" poets. The problem with this form of state sponsorship is that the poetry itself can be criticized as part of some grand cultural strategy by president Fox.

***

Since the Mexicans have taken to bloggin' with a vengeance, the readers of my Spanish language blog tend to be the Mexicans, which makes me want to address them more directly, even though I have no great knowledge of Mexican poetry or literature.

No hay comentarios: