4 dic 2008

(61)

Sinatra. Songs for Young Lovers (1954)

Here's another classic collaboration with Riddle, also in my parents collection. It's an orgy of great song-writing. The first song here is My Funny Valentine (Rodgers and Hart). Next is The Girl Next Door, which you might remember from the musical Meet me in St. Louis. A Foggy Day in London Town (Gershwin). Like Someone in Love (Jimmy Van Heusen). I Get a Kick out of You (Cole Porter.) Little Girl Blue (Rodgers and Hart). They Can't Take That Away from Me (Gerswhin ). Violets for Your Furs (check our Coltrane's version of this!), Just One of Those Things, I'm Going To Sit Right Down and Right Myself a Letter, Sunday, Taking a Chance on Love (compare Lester Young's version on Pres and Teddy), Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams, Jeepers Creepers, Get Happy, All of Me.

Sinatra is in good form here. I think I have more tracks here than on the original LP. No matter. It's all good.

1 comentario:

John dijo...

Is Taking a Chance on Love by Arlen? Ethel Waters's version in the film Cabin in the Sky melts me.