1 dic 2008

(37)

Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Rodgers and Hart Songbook

Have you met Miss Jones? I'm a sentimental sap that's all, what's the use of trying not to fall. I've lost my will. You've made your kill cause you took advantage of me. Thou swell, thou witty. The endless sighs, the blackened eyes. The double-crossing of a pair of heels. I'll take Manhattan, the Bronx and Staten Island too. Wait till you see her, see how she looks, wait till you see her laugh. Painters of pictures, writers of books, never could tell the half. I didn't know what time it was. It never entered my mind. Ten cents a dance, that's what they pay me, oh how they weigh me down. And order orange juice for one. We'll have a blue room. There's a small hotel.

I've always liked Rodgers and Hart more than any other songwriters. Even the Gershwins, though they are a close second. I listened to this endlessly when I was about 15 years old.

No hay comentarios: