26 ene 2005

Was that post on What's for Dinner? confusing enough? I was having an argument with myself about the book and hadn't resolved the problem before I wrote about it. Alfred and G. is better. Now I have to find a copy of A Nest of Ninnies.

***

I have never heard of any of the Book Critics Award nominees in poetry, except for Snyder and Rich. I just cannot keep up with everything being published, nor do I have any desire to. I'm sure I'm missing good books. I'm also sure I'm avoiding many books that would depress and overwhelm me in their sheer quantity. Surely these writers, (aside from Rich and Snyder) are "mid-list." I looked up a few on the web, and wasn't impressed. The National Book Awards had a more impressive list of nominees.

I found it odd that Jordan had not heard of the existence of the book by the two famous poets, while at the same time he knew more about the poets I had never heard of .

***

I used to get depressed reading the APR, because it seemed to set itself up as a major journal, but to have no criterion of value other than fame and photogeniality.

No hay comentarios: