17 ene 2005

Julia wrote another new poem, "Praise to Music," which is among her best. I've been asked a few times whether I help her with her poems. Usually the process involves a selection of a "poetry assignment" from one of Kenneth Koch's books. She might ask me for clarification, "does it have to be realistic?" for example. I usually give her wide leeway. Then I just type the poem into her blog, correcting a few minor spelling errors but otherwise not changing anything. I don't suggest that she revise at this stage.

I'm the last person to ask for objectivity in judging these poems. Obviously some are better than others, and I can perceive the difference, but placing too much emphasis on this difference would not be productive. Sometimes she comes up with things that amaze me.

No hay comentarios: