1 ene 2005

I had a quite vivid dream: in order to be promoted within the university I was required to take a PhD examination that I had somehow missed during my actual PhD program. In anticipation of this, I was making notes with a fountain pen. I came up with the brilliant idea that the only basic problem in literary criticism was making distinctions between seemingly equivalent phenomena, or bringing together seemingy disparate phenemena (lumping and splitting). I had had a sneak peak at the exam, and knew that one of the question had to do with defining the word chiastic. I was also planning on writing extensively about the failure of the enlightenment. At one point, I began to see that my notes took the shape of a poem, with little line and squares of text scattered on the page. One said "love, love, love, .love, love.."

No hay comentarios: