1 abr 2003

I'm still here eleven hours later. I've taught three classes of an hour and twenty minutes each, and written 1000 words in Spanish for my essay on translation and the period style. I know I have to look at two essays, one by Dana Gioa called "The successful career of Robert Bly," the other by Robert Hass on how translation affected American poetry for the worse. I know Gioa is a Republican and all, but his demolition of Bly is truly enjoyable. Hass is also quite insightful. I just hope his essay is in a book somewhere, because I read it in a magazine many years ago and have no idea how to find it if it is not (in a book of essays). And what if he is not the author of this essay? Then I will never find it and will be plagiarizing from something I read a long time ago? Or what if if my memory invented this essay and it doesn't exist at all?

No hay comentarios: