23 abr 2003

Considering a return to Courier in my microsoft documents, after using Palatino for the last few years as default font. Courier has a clarity and type-writer-like aspect that appeals to me. I hate sans-serif fonts.

***

Could I be a Flarf artist? Probably not. I love the classic virtues too much. When I started to make a list of favorite poems, I found I was selecting short, perfect lyrics like Schuyler's "Standing and watching / through the drizzle, / how the mist ..." On the other hand I love "Biotherm," that loose quality. Isn't it great that the O'Hara Selected ends with this poem? Is Flarf a parody of randomly generated linguistic garbage, or an ironic selection of it? I'm prepared to like it, but not to write it. Yet once I say that I want to assert the opposite as well. How about Flarf poems that are also perfect little lyrics? How can I extricate myself from this post without confusing myself even more?

No hay comentarios: