31 ene 2003

Went to a poetry reading in St. Louis this evening. Left Bank Books. John Gallaher read poems full of suburban clichés--a surbubanite feeling superior to himself? His poetry left me cold. I wanted to get up and shout that poetry had to offer something more than this. Boston based Arielle Greenberg was quite good, on the other hand. Her poems were accessible and engaging. She had a feel for language, unlike John, though she seemed nervous about how she would be received in the midwest. She kept making giggling references to corn fields. The editor of Delmar told me, when I asked him, why he had not published my review of Chris Stroffolino. I wrote it years ago and forgot about it. I don't really care that they didn't publish it, but now it's kind of out of date. I'll post it on this blog soon. Do I have any St. Louis readers of this blog?

No hay comentarios: