22 dic 2002

A record of everything I've thought over the space of several years will certainly be valuable for me in the future, as I've noted in this space before. I am interested in how fast (or slow) my thinking changes over time. How similar will my preoccupations be five years from now? I remember a time ten years ago when I was obsessed by the idea of traces of things, indexical signs, etc... This is not my obsession at the moment.

I haven't printed any of this blog. Will do so for my annual review at the end of 2002, though I am not exactly paid to do this. I am more satisifed with what I have written than I ever thought I would be. It's even giving me energy to send my book on recent Spanish poetry to the publisher.

What of the day no poems are written?

2 comentarios:

Clarissa dijo...

I'm sorry to be bombarding your blog with comments to old posts but I started reading the blog from the earliest entries, and many of them fascinate me.

Do you reread old posts and how do they make you feel?

Can one put the blog on the merit review? I had no idea.

Jonathan dijo...

That's fine. I do go back and read sometimes. It makes fascinating reading because I rarely remember what I wrote so long ago.