24 dic 2002

A new book on Miles Davis, by Yale prof. John Szwed. It's a book on Miles for intelligent, literate readers who've already read all the other books on Miles. It quotes Sorrentino, Kerouac, Cortázar etc... Manages to include more useful information and less attitudinizing. Miles studying with Larry Rivers at Julliard. Telling Philly Joe Jones to play a less rigid ride-cymbal pattern--anticipating Tony Williams? I haven't got that far yet. I'm getting definite ideas of what I like in biographies: someone who asks the questions I would ask.

***

The TJBF (Tijuana Bloguita Front) is about 100 strong. I learned of it just now from the irrepressible Heriberto Yepez. I've got to explore some of these other Mexican bloggers... Cristina Rivera, a novelist teaching in San Diego.

***

Who are those people reading my blog? Identify yourselves! 19 hits on Christmas Eve.

No hay comentarios: